Dot PK is Top Level Domain assigned for Pakistan, you can register your own PK Domain easily in Pakistan with the help of PKnic, PKNIC operates and administers the “Shared Registry System” for all .PK Domains, with PKNIC you can register these TLDS:
You can register any domain of your choice bur for .gov domains you need to have right permission before you can register that domain, the price of each domain is 20$/two year, and you can’t subscribe for less than two years.
How to check if your Domain is available or not?
To check .PK domains whois, you can search domain on PakWhois it will let you know which domain is available or not.
How to register .PK Domain?
- First create your account on PKNIC, if you haven’t created it before.
- Log into your account,
- Before you buy any domain you need to add credit to your account, you can pay via credit card, bank transfer or by coupons, to add balance hover your mouse on billing and then click on Add Domain credit, choose the payment mode and follow the procedure (for international customers its 40$/2 years), you may also need to verify your account by phone verification, before you add credit.
- After Adding Balance click on “Register Domains” from Menu and then add all the details and click submit Domain application, (remember Domain name can not be changed once you bought it)
- After you are done, your Domain will be available in your account.
How to Add Nameserver details to Dot PK Domains?
- To add nameservers Click on My Nameservers from account Menu,
- Here click on Add new nameservers,
- Add your nameserver set here, Now click on Manage Domain from Domains menu,
- Here click on Domain name for which you want to change NS,
- On this page, you can assign your required nameservers.
It takes over 6-12 hours for .PK domains to propagate correctly, propagation period of .PK domains are very long which make some time many problems if you want to create your custom nameservers, do it in Glue records section.
Hope this helps, and now you have purchased your personal .PK domain, if you come up with any problem, feel free to ask.